As with any software upgrade or new release, it is strongly encouraged to fully test the new build within your environment prior to deploying network wide. You can test the new EPS Console by completing Steps 1 - 10 (under the Upgrading procedure section). Upon completing these 9 steps, you can create an EPS Client Packager and test on a few systems within your network as you get familiar with all the new settings and configurations.
Before you begin:
1. Please make sure you save a copy of your Product Key as it will be required at the very end of the install process to activate your EPS Console.
2. A link to download the new Thirtyseven4 EPS 7.0 is available on our Downloads page.
3. Please note you can always take advantage of our Knowledge Base articles or email our technical support team at email@example.com for additional upgrading tips and procedures.
4. It is critical that all existing antivirus and security programs have been properly removed. A reboot is also highly recommended after uninstalling your existing antivirus application and prior to installing the EPS 7.0 Console.
5. The following Windows services must be Started and their Startup Type set to Automatic: Computer Browser and Windows Installer.
1. Download and run the EPS 7.0 setup file.
2. After running the file, the screen below will appear as the system extracts the files for installation. The title bar of this window may display the words “Not responding” (this is normal depending on what other applications and processes are currently running). Let the extraction continue until finished.
3. After successful extraction, a Welcome screen will be displayed.
Click “Next” to continue.
4. The next screen displays the Thirtyseven4 End User License Agreement. You will have to scroll down and click ‘I Agree’ to continue.
5. The next screen will ask you where you’d like the EPS 7.0 Console installed. The default location will on the C:\ drive but you can install the Console to any desirable drive (ie. D:\, etc.)
6. The next screen verifies that IIS is installed and all required components are enabled. If not, it will prompt a message that contains a link to an IIS Installation Guide. The guide is very detailed and we suggest following it closely. Once IIS is configured correctly. click “Next”
7. The next two screen ask for port assignments. For these options, we highly recommend proceeding with the defaults. However, if the default ports are already being used in your network, you can configure any unused ports.
8. The next screen will ask you to assign an Administrator password and a Client password. The passwords can’t be the same. Also, it is very important that you retain these passwords. If your Administrator password is lost, the only method for retrieval is to make a request to the Thirtyseven4 Support Team. They will respond with the next steps and the files they will require to complete the retrieval.
9. After clicking Next, the installation will process and both the Thirtyseven4 EPS 7.0 Console and the EPS 7.0 Client will get installed. Upon successful installation, you will be given the opportunity to perform the initial update via the Update Manager.
Click “Finish” at the last screen.
Things to Note:
1. The new EPS 7.0 webpage will be accessible on either port 8094 or 9104 depending on how you set up the installation.
2. After finishing the install and activating your license, we recommend that you wait a couple minutes prior to kick starting the Update Manager download to avoid a possible license activation error.